Thursday, July 11, 2013

OCM, homemade toothpaste, and plans to ditch shampoo!

Day 3 of OCM, Still loving it! my face looked awesome all day yesterday, and I did my ocm last night, and still looking awesome! I might be overdoing how much i need to wash my face, but it feels so clean, and soft. I don't need to use any lotion on it, and it feels better than it has ever felt using any sort of skin regimen. (And I have used a lot, want a short list? Clean and Clear, Noxema, Oxyclean, Proactive, Clinique, Mary Kay, Arbonne, medicines from the dermatologist... just to name a few... I also have tried things like just using baby wash, or something like that. Basically, if it was sold at Walmart I have used it. If it was a fancy expensive face wash I may have tried it (when some family member decided something had to be done about my face!)  I have been through a lot, like I have said. So this is working really well, and it is really amazing I can say that my face has not felt this soft and clean after any of these other regimens. However, still just day 3.... plenty of time to break out, so I will keep you posted!

Today is actually Day 4 of my own natural toothpaste. I feel like I can't say a ton about it yet, since toothpaste takes a while to prove its worth. My teeth feel clean, and not slimy like they can sometimes with conventional toothpaste. I also feel like they are less sensitive? Could that be possible or am I just dreaming?

I also have come up with a plan to wean myself from using shampoo. I am planning to go to a baking soda combo to replace my shampoo, and an apple cider vinegar combo to replace my conditioner. I have been dreaming and planning this, but haven't taken any steps forward because I just bought a huge bottle of shampoo right before I read about this. A lot of people swear you have to go cold turkey with ditching shampoo, but some do say you can replace a wash here or there until you eventually cut out shampoo altogether. I like that idea, it seems less scary! So that is the plan, I mixed up my solutions last night and am planning on using them tomorrow. Wish me luck!

I also have some plans in case of extra shampoo!

My sweet daughter just woke up from her nap. It was very short. *sigh* Wish me luck on this afternoon too!

No comments:

Post a Comment